Thursday, July 12, 2012

Wedding Day

       It has been a long time I haven't been back to my high school and I wanted to take Ellen to Florya to show her where I spent my 8 years junior high and high school. Before that we passed by the soccer field that me and my boys played every week. Today was a relaxing day and we stopped by my school after sweating my balls off. The security guy for the school didn't let me in even though I told them I am an alumnus of the school. Too much for taking pictures. The name of the school also changed anyways nothing was same anymore.
Soccer field where we played every week in Florya

The Old Selim Pars High :(


Galatasaray training facility

      Evening was dedicated to Levent & Caroline's wedding. We met up with Kal and Suheyla at Kadikoy Ferry Building. Made our way through the coastal town of Fenerbahce. Passing by their soccer team's training ground was ironic. Just this morning I was at my beloved Galatasaray's training center. Wedding's cocktail hour was impeccable with the view of the European side skyline of Istanbul. As sun was setting Levent and Caroline exchanged their vows and threw were married. We danced the night away with great mix of American and Turkish songs topping it with Balkan Dance group. As I was sipping my Raki, looking at Bosphorus and enjoying the Turkish music I felt in the moment again. Ellen was having a great time as well.


with Kal & Suheyla at Levent & Caroline's Wedding in Fenerbahce

Beautiful view of the European side of Istanbul

Say Yes!!

Istanbul at Sunset

Are they in love or what? :)

Super entertaining Balkan Dance Group

We danced the night away. I'm really happy to see Levent back in the SF end of this year. Time to reunite. Kal had a great time as well with his girl. Having friends from SF in Istanbul was an interesting feeling. Another amazing day is over! Busy Wednesday is on the tap!!

No comments:

Post a Comment