Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Beyoglu, Crazy Party @ AsmaliCumba & Family Sunday

       Saturday was the day to see Beyoglu and Asmali mescit. Galata tower at the south end of Istiklal Caddesi is an amazing spot to see the Istanbul in 360 birdseye view.

Famous trolley at Istiklal

Cats gave up with the record breaking heat

Galata Tower

View of Old Town Istanbul from Galata Tower

With my buddy Gurcan @ Leb-i Derya Bar (360 view of Istanbul)

We probably took 2GB worth of pics and videos in this historically unique spot of Genovese people, who built the tower on 528. After Galata, we stopped by Leb-i Derya with my high school buddy Gurcan as he introduced me to this stunning place a few years back. As we were sipping our Efes beer we were watching the sunset in Istanbul's famous sites. Just getting ready the big party a few blocks away at Asmali Mescit.
Angel & Devil at the same time :)

Late night hookah at Tophane

Group of 15 friends that joined us @ Asmali Cumba Meyhane


 I invited my close friends and family to get together at this cozy meyhane (taverna) where I got introduced to the owner/ DJ through my friend Ugur. We started munching on our mezes as people started to arrive. The slow paced oldies got us in the moment and allowed us to converse. I was jumping from one seat to another to be able to talk to everyone. Seeing Ellen having a good time with all my friends and enjoying the Turkish songs made me feel great. As the party went along the music got louder and better and we danced the night away. Drinking Lion's milk (Raki) with my friends and singing along to new and old songs I got I wanted... We ended the night at the famous hookah quarter of Istanbul, Tophane. Another awesome day.

Awesome BBQ dinner at my cousin's


Sunday was yet another hottest day of the year. At this point have one comment: Bring it on Sun! Burak and Melis came and we modeled for their portfolio. They took some really cool creative shots on our garden. Night was a spontaneous dinner with the Toker family at Uncle Zadigs place. They greeted us like a king and queen. Kamer bbq'ed shish and wings all night including his signature eggplant with melted cheese dish that i couldn't stop eating. Their infamous rooftop terrace witneessed some interesting Turkglish words that will be remembered forever. Way to end the Istanbul chapter! Off to west and south coast! What's on Tap? Ephesus, Virgin Mary's house and the kickoff of our 1000km road trip along the coast of Turkey. Show must go on!!

No comments:

Post a Comment