Tuesday, July 10, 2012

A day in Yesilkoy

There is only a few words that can really explain about my little town Yesilkoy. Anytime you walk out of the apartment you are bound to meet someone on the street even though you've left that town 12 years ago and practically don't have any adulthood time logged in. Having a foreigner's opinion was important to me as she would value differently than me. I did my rounds of stopping by randomly to my family members and surprising them. Drinking a cup of coffee with them and chatting was quite reminiscence of the past. Ellen got advised that she should use lemon juice on her shoulders where the Mosquitos bit her. Better yet my best friends mom applied the sticky lemon juice to her body directly:)


Antique houses that can't be touched

Catnapping time

Yesilkoy Toker's Palace :)

With my great aunt Gulnar @ her apartment

Beautiful Armenian Church in Yesilkoy

Miniature soccer field at my elementary school

Later on we had a nice dinner at my dad's fav fish restaurant Yuksel in Yesilkoy. We had an amazing Levrek along with much watering appetizers. My two cousins Kamer and Karin stopped by later on for drinks as I was funneling the Raki into my bloodstream. We then went to Marina @ Atakoy and had a nice drink where I ran into Bengu and Eren, my high school friends. I missed that. Just randomly seeming people from my past. Truly living the moment.

Tokers and Siegel hanging out at Yuksel

Closed off the night at Sarihan Iskembe house where Ellen was introduced to her first animal intestine filled sop, Iskembe! As this magical is the best remedy for hangover in the entire humankind's inventions, she was having her Anthony Bourdaine moment in Istanbul. When she woke up in the morning she still had a little headache so next time she needs to have a big bowl of Iskembe and grilled Kokorec to top it with:) Day 2 was great overall. 1 official jet lag moment around 4pm, which was overcame by a Starbux latte!! Tonight is the big day for Levent & Caroline!! We'll be in my non so beloved Fenerbahce to celebrate his wedding. Thinking about brining my Galatasaray scarf to put it over my suit:)

No comments:

Post a Comment