Sunday, July 8, 2012

Turkey Trip 1 st leg: Istanbul

      It felt different this time to land to the hometown. Why? Maybe because I brought Ellen with me or that I was seeing my friends and family as a part of a couple. Maybe I was changing. For better. Life has been very interesting lately. My spontaneity is making its marks in the past few months with career at FanCake and at all other fronts of my life. Maybe turning 30 wasn't just an increase in decade number but rather a sign that shows me how immediate the future is going to be for me. I didn't have s chance to take it in and this trip will be a great one to look back WITHIN and be in touch with myself.

We just arrived on Sunday night after a relaxing trip. Turkish Airlines is definitely taking care of their passengers. Service is quite amazing. We had nice Kebap dinner in the balcony with Dad. He had his typical display of watches and sunglasses for us. Certainly getting spoiled out here. Later on Burak and Melis stopped by our place. Man did I ever see this guy with a girl in his hand. My best friend has waited for long but seems like he has met a really nice girl. I had a great first feeling about Melis and it was great to hang out with them as a couple. At one point, we were walking by the beachfront and I looked at four of us and it felt surreal. I was waiting for that moment as I am sure Burak has. What s start for an interesting and full of excitement filled trip. I am so excited that I can't even go to sleep:) oh maybe it's jet-lag. who cares I'm in Istanbul with my loved ones that's all it matters. Sleeping in Istanbul summers is overrated anyways:) Asked Ellen to see what she experienced so far and my girl is enjoying the moment for sure! she likes Yesikoy and says that it is very quaint town. Let's see what adjective she will use for the rest of the Istanbul:) Hope to blog all throughout the 3-weeks trip!!

No comments:

Post a Comment